Operating a company, especially a transportation company, requires constant attention to recognize new opportunities. Getting to the next level should always be a goal and being proactive can make all the difference.
There are 2 main ways to grow in the taxi industry: expanding service territories and acquisition of competitor companies.
Expanding service territories:
When demand is high and you find the need for drivers outside of your current service area, it’s a good idea to explore the possibilities of success in a new market (expand to new cities, states, etc.). If you are unable to service those territories just yet, many transportation companies refer business to other companies in those areas (while taking a referral fee), until drivers are able to handle serving that location.
- Pro Tip: Check your website analytics and reporting for trends in engagement (calls, clicks, impressions, etc.) and observe any cities or states that have increased activity.
- Test out new markets with paid digital ads (Google, Facebook, etc.) in new locations, as long as you can service the area.
Do you know the hidden cost of Low-Quality Taxi Call Centers?
Enter your email to learn more.
A major way taxi companies and NEMT businesses have grown, even during pandemic times, is by buying out, or acquiring, struggling companies that are not doing as well — taking over their territories, corporate accounts, drivers, customers, and more.
Part of being successful is knowing your competition. Keep your eye on their growth, or moreso the lack thereof, so that when your competitors are struggling, you’ll know when to make a move to buy them out.
What are the challenges in growth, expansion, and acquisitions in taxi companies?
- Bringing the two operations together when acquiring companies
- It’s quite an undertaking to have different companies with different processes have to come together under one entity. Build out Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for every position to ensure consistency and standards.
- Customer support and dispatching
- When a taxi company is growing, so does the need for more manpower for dispatching, answering calls, chats, emails, and more. Running operations for a call center is not your business focus, and when you’re growing you have enough on your plate to keep the business not only surviving, but thriving. The smartest move you can make is to outsource to a contact center that is experienced in the transportation industry. Working with Pac Biz Taxi Contact Center Outsourcing, a company with years of experience with the top taxi companies around the globe, allows businesses to add many experienced support agents as needed, offloading the stress of hiring, managing, and funding an in-house operation.
If you’re in a position to grow your taxi business, expanding your service area and acquiring other companies is the best way to invest toward taking steps to your maximum potential. While you’re investing as needed into those ventures, cutting costs while maintaining high standards through outsourcing customer support and dispatching.
Contact Pac Biz Taxi Contact Center Outsourcing for more information on how transportation companies in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada have been able to grow their operations and expand.
Outsourcing can be quite an undertaking and choosing a company you can trust is key when you are allowing them to be the first line of contact with your customers. Pac Biz is American-owned with offshore operations in The Philippines guided by an established infrastructure. Whether a taxi company has never outsourced, or has outsourced with a sub-par experience in the past, working with Pac Biz brings a sense of relief, comfort and trust. Open communication key to what makes it work- with staff, management and even owner, Eric Mulvin who is based in Arizona, USA.
Schedule some time with Pac Biz to explore your options in outsourcing with a company that has a great track record, work ethic, and most importantly heart.
Family, Respect, Teamwork, Compassion, Personal Growth.
Why work at Pac Biz?
Drive. Leadership. Culture.
We believe in driving change with meaningful actions. We don’t wait for opportunities — we create them. We understand that compassionate leadership does not only drive change in the workplace, but also leaves a lasting, positive impact in society. We strive to create a comfortable work environment through our support system and cultural activities.
Do your values match with ours? If so, let’s talk!
Let’s Get in Touch
Hi, I’m Eric Mulvin, founder and owner of Pac Biz, and we are happy to solve your transportation company’s pain points in customer support. We have contact center agents ready to serve your needs.
I am free to go over the potential that exists with making your booking and dispatching service company thrive through improved workflows and better management of support.